Here is a list of what you need to bring when joining In The Same Boat. It’s not much space on board, so we recommend not bringing your whole wardrobe, and your bag should be soft. No hard suitcases or trolley cases are allowed, as there’s no place to store them on board!
The temperatures will vary from under zero to 25, even in the summer, so you will need to be prepared for cold weather. Usually, you can wash your clothes at the harbors we are staying, but sometimes we will be a week or two without cleaning opportunities.
- Complete hiking clothes (hiking shoes, long underwear, pants, sweater, jacket, hat, gloves)
- An extra pair of light shoes/sneakers
- Clothes for indoor relaxing
- A few sets of underwear
- A couple of T-shirts for warm summer days
- Swimwear and shorts (Yes, sometimes it’s warm enough for a swim.)
- Thermocan and/or a personal drinking bottle
- A box or something to bring your daily lunch pack
- Wool socks, 2 pairs
- Headlamp (for spring/autumn/winter)
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, a towel, shampoo, and soap
- A power bank for your smartphone is recommended.
- Medicine you are using regularly
We provide everything else you need, like working clothes, duvets and covers, all food, first aid equipment, and rain gear.
If you have more questions or need some advice, please contact one of our AMBASSADORS.